How Does Black Hat Seo Work and Disadvantages of Black Hat Seo :- Black hat SEO refers to a set of practices that are used to increases a site or page’s rank in search engines through means that violate the search engines’ terms of service. The term “black hat” originated in Western movies to distinguish the “bad guys” from the “good guys,” who wore white hats (see white hat SEO). Recently, it’s used more commonly to describe computer hackers, virus creators, and those who perform unethical actions with computers.
It’s crucial to realize that implementing Black Hat SEO tactics and strategies can get your site banned from search engines, excluding you from the number one traffic referral source on the Internet. All SEO’s need a proper understanding of Black Hat SEO and its consequences.
How Does Black Hat Seo Work
• Cloaking :- Cloaking is a technique used to deliver the content on a Web page to a search engine in such a way that different content than what is delivered to a regular human user appears on the search engine. The goal of cloaking is to boost a website’s search engine rank on certain keywords.
In cloaking, the search engine and the user are literally not on the same page. Therefore, both the user and the search engine are being deceived.
Google knows what’s on your site because periodically its automated robot called Googlebot visits all the pages in its index, and grabs all the page content so it can analyze it later. Cloaking means showing one page to Googlebot and a completely different page to real human visitors. Google despises this aplenty.
• Keyword Stuffing :- Keyword stuffing is the practice of implementing a certain keyword a specific number of times on a page of your site (or maybe throughout your site). Back in the days when Google operated on a keyword-based search understanding, this was an effective way of increasing your relevance. Today, however, Google’s semantic search capabilities render this strategy ineffective. Not only will it do little to increase your rankings, it could actually bring your rankings down if it interferes with the quality or “naturalness” of your content. It’s okay to use keywords as means of describing your pages for search engines (e.g., in the titles and meta descriptions of your pages), but putting a keyword somewhere it wouldn’t otherwise naturally appear is unequivocally a bad idea.
• Invisible Text :- This is an older technique, so it’s used with far less frequency today, but it’s still important to address. This is the practice of using invisible text on a website (for example, using white text on a white background)—essentially, Google will be able to see this information, but users won’t be able to see it. If a swath of content works well for search engines but doesn’t work well for users (e.g., keyword-heavy content, boring content, or legal content), it’s sometimes relegated to this invisible position.
There are two problems with this. First, in today’s world, what’s good for users is what’s good for Google. If it’s something you don’t want your readers to see, it’s something you don’t want Google to see. Second, if Google detects you using invisible text (and it will eventually), you’ll probably get penalized.
• Doorway Pages :- A doorway page is a page built specifically for the purpose of ranking well in the search engines and without any real content of its own, and which then links to the “real” destination page, or automatically redirects there. So instead of making your doorway pages just a place to get skipped optimize them as landing pages and make the users convert right there.
Also read This : Tactics of Black hat seo
Disadvantages of Black Hat Seo
• Although the use of Black Hat SEO techniques can prove to be very effective for generating faster results compared to the use of White Hat SEO, the disadvantage of using illicit techniques is that if the website was proven to have been using Black Hat SEO, the website will either be warned or banned from a search engines result page (SERP).
• Black Hat Seo is an illegal and fraudulent way to increase their page rank, but for your kind information I want to let you know, if you use Black Hat Seo techniques to increase your blog traffic then I am sure about it you will get ignored by the search engine within few days.
• Black hat SEO though makes your website rank higher on search engines, but as soon as it is detected by search engines, your website ranking falls from the search engine.
• There is always a risk that your website is penalized by the search engine for using such fall methods to rank your website.
• All your efforts are wasted , once your website is penalized.
These were some reasons that can clearly tell you that why should you not use Black hat SEO to rank your website.
Also Read :-
If you have any suggestion or problem about Disadvantages of Black Hat Seo please feel free to comment below.